Austcare Nurse Agency provides complex care services to people who may require a specialist level of support due to higher level medical needs in their daily lives. Whether it’s due to disability or chronic conditions, we provide comprehensive services to meet their lifestyle needs.
Our complex health care services are suitable for individuals suffering or recovering from brain injury, spinal cord injury, cerebral palsy, diabetes, epilepsy and other physical and neurological conditions. They may also require complex care support due to a change in personal circumstances, such as returning home after a long hospitalisation or after living in residential aged care.
Austcare Nurse Agency provides complex care services, which include:
- Bed transfers
- Wound management
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) feeding
- Fix or maintain function of the equipment components if the PEG tubes become dislodged
- Transfer from the bed to the wheelchair
- Support while you shower or use the toilet
- Insert the catheter and remove and replace the collection bags
- Regularly observe participants bowel habits and administer laxatives
- Enemas or suppositories when required
- Ventilation support
- First aid and CPR
- Replacing the tracheostomy dressing with two workers to be present to ensure your safety
- Dressing wounds or have to be regularly moved to avoid developing pressure sores etc.